Before the weather starts to get cold and rainy, you should prepare your car for fall. Here are a few service suggestions to get you started.
- Check your lights. As the days get shorter, you will use your car’s lights even more. Make sure all of your exterior lights are working and angled correctly.
- Inspect your tires. Autumn usually brings more rain. Wet leaves on the road can be particularly slippery. Make sure your tires have adequate tread depth to cut through any puddles and keep you connected with the road.
- Get new wiper blades. If your wiper blades are older than six months, you may need a new pair. As they age, especially when sitting in the hot summer sun, the rubber can harden, making them less effective.
- Check your heater. You don’t want to be caught driving to work on frosty mornings with no heat. Check your whole HVAC system to make sure everything is working properly.
- Check your battery life. If you have a weak battery, cold temperatures could cause it to fail. Check the charge level on your battery to make sure it can make it through the chilly-weather season.
If you need any help getting your car ready for fall, schedule a service appointment right here at Hometown Motors.